3/17/2013

[MANNAM Peace Campaign] World Peace: An Option?


Hi, MANNAM International friends! Have you ever experienced a war? I hope everyone who answers it say “No.”

I was born and grew up in the era of peace, so I have never experienced a war before. However, thanks to the stories of war from my grandmother who actually experienced it, I can somehow feel the difficulty of life during the war period. She always told me that since her family didn’t have enough food, they had to eat roots of grass and since there wasn’t enough medicine, they had to suffer from disease for long time. Worst of all, they couldn’t go to school, and even if they went to school, they had to learn the aggressor's national language instead of their mother tongue.

For many of you, since you are already living in peace, you may think you have nothing to do with war. However, if war breaks out, it means “no food”, “no health”, and “no freedom”. Therefore, to live a regular life, world peace is a necessity rather than an option. Do you agree MANNAM International friends?


No comments:

Post a Comment