8/12/2013

MANNAM 'PEACE IS POSSIBLE': interview of a student volunteer.

MANNAM 'PEACE IS POSSIBLE': interview of a student volunteer.


Thesedays, lots of the twenties are studying for good grades at school and good occupation in society, day and night. I have interviewed one of the 20's university student who is steadily doing volunteer work in MANNAM volunteer association.


Q1.If you did the things related with volunteer work before, what was the most memorable volunteer work for you?

A:For me, the most memorable volunteer work was to help flood victimes through MANNAM Volunteer Association. A few years ago, landslide occured near SoYang multipurpose dam in Chuncheon Korea. So I was helping the people who lost their houses and farms with MANNAM one day. Actually, Volunteering to people in that site suffering from landslide was the first time in my life. It was quite beyond expectation. Every place was a mess by the flood and there were many things to be take care of. The volunteer work was really a hard job for all of us. All volunteers were worn out. But no one showed their exhaustion by thinking the flood victims. Even though that was my hardest volunteer work ever, also it still remains as my best volunteer work ever because I still remember the flood victims saying "Thank you" to us with their tears.


Q2.When you volunteer, what kind of mental attitude do you volunteer with?

A: First of all, I volunteer with pleasure and gratitude that I can be a person who can help others. I realized that no one is worthless. Not only me but also everyone is precious because they are needed somewhere.

Q3.Do you think world peace is possible?

A: Yes, it is possible. If mankind on earth love and respect one another, world peace will come true. Q.Then, what is the first thing you can do for world peace? A:I am trying to bring world peace by volunteering in MANNAN International volunteer Association. All members in MANNAN are giving their hand to the world keeping hope and the hope for better life in mind. I appreciate your kind reply:)



2 comments:

  1. Good!! Today, we need more youth to contribute to the volunteer work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Come on youth and let's do this together!

    ReplyDelete