2/04/2013

1 Year As A MANNAM International Volunteer

Among dozens of MANNAM volunteer activities in 2012, as for me, one of the most impressive activities was spending time with children in kid’s center.

As a foreigner, I had always had a mind to do some volunteer activities in Korea, but I didn’t know where I can. Fortunately, I got to know MANNAM International and began to do volunteer activity in kid’s center every month.

As for the children, they had never met so many foreigners at one time, so they were very curious about us and always asked, “Where are you from, teacher?”, “Do you have Korean name?”, or “How old are you, teacher?” and so on. Some questions may not proper to ask in non-Korean countries, but every MANNAM International volunteer answered their questions so honestly without any unpleasant feeling. I didn’t know why, but every time when I was with the children, all my heart and soul seemed to become so pure and free, and I myself got purified.

Among the activities we did in kid’s center, there was time for children to decorate food. Every time, we would cook in advance and brought the food to the kid’s center. We made food such as pan cake, brownies, and parfait. After decorating the food, when it’s time for children to enjoy their food, there would be always some children coming up to MAMMAN International volunteers and distribute theirs to us. At that moment, every volunteer felt so proud, happy, and even surprised. We knew what food means to a child! Sharing their food with us, it’s a signal showing that they opened their hearts and wanted to spend time with us. It was the best reward for us. What we did was only taking bus, going to child center and playing games with the children. However, every time, we received much more than we gave.

If I am asked what the most valuable thing I did in 2012, my answer will definitely be going to the kid’s center. It is so beautiful that people from all over the world, transcending the bounds of race, nationality, and religion, bringing laughter and warmth to the world and sharing love together.

2 comments:

  1. I agree so. Volunteer as a member of MANNAM, IT IS A TRUE HAPINESS FOR ME!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your MANNAM volunteeting is
    not only good for the children
    but also good for U :)

    ReplyDelete