7/01/2013

[MANNAM]Interview: Peace Walk 2013

[MANNAM]Interview: Peace Walk 2013


In 1950, there was Korean War between the Republic of Korea (South Korea), supported by UN, and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea), at one time supported by the People’s China and the Soviet Union. As a result of the war, 2.5million of civilians killed and wounded and 3millon of total soldier. To contribute to the world peace, I was participated in Peace Walk May 25, 2013 in Seoul. In Peace Walk, I met an Indian guy holding the picket “I love peace.”  


Q1. How do you participate in this event?

Ally: One of my Korean friends was talked about this event. Because, now this world is evil and we need more peace.


Q2: Now many people are walking for peace event. How do you feeling now?

Ally: It’s really great. Korean is super amazing country. Right here, I’m glad to be here to come together with different people.


Q3: Do you think World PEACE IS POSSIBLE?

Ally: Of course, it’s not that simple to see the World Peace. But, someday I think it will be reality.


Q4. Then, how can we bring peace to the world?

Ally: Through this walk for peace, I hope many people feel the need to bring peace. I think we can bring the peace to the world if the leaders of each nation join for restoration of peace.


Q5. Do you have in mind to participate in these kinds of Peace Walk next time?

Ally: No doubt! Before, I was participated in Peace Walk around DMZ (the Korean Demilitarized Zone between South and North Korea). It was great experience. So, next time, I would love to join it.


It was first time to participate in Peace Walk. As a Korean, it was good opportunity because I didn’t notice many foreigners and Koreans want to bring peace to Korean Peninsula and the World. After the Walk, I could find peace of mind from passion of people.


Following the site, there’s beautiful Peace walk held in Cambodia. Beyond politics and religions, there are efforts and the way how different representatives try to gather.  


No comments:

Post a Comment